Thursday, July 30, 2009

Whelp, its official

So, remember when I said I had exciting news that I couldn't share yet? Well, now I can share it. Adam and I are now officially (said like o-fficially) the State Directors for the Not For Sale campaign. Crazy, I KNOW. We spent the better part of today hanging out in the Not For Sale tent at a music festival up here in New Hampshire, chatting it up with some of the staff of Not For Sale. It was pretty stinkin sweet. We had a few casual conversations with David Batstone himself, and in my mind I am trying not to think about the fact that he is who he is. I'm reading his book. That he wrote. That I bought it at a major bookstore. People have heard of him. Lots of people. Good thing I didn't freak out.

Some of you five people that read this here blog may be asking what this gig might entail. Basically, this means raising awareness about human trafficking, organizing events, and helping people find out how God has gifted them to fight the injustice of modern day slavery. This is new for New Hampshire, so it really is gonna be whatever we make it. Its one of the things I love about NFS. It is whatever we make it. If we want to pour 80 hours a week into this, we can do that. If we want to pour 10 hours a week into this, we can do that. We could not be more excited about this opportunity to get people involved in the fight against slavery.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! what a wonderful organization to be a part of, you guys will do an amazing job I'm sure. The more people involved with raising awareness the better. I know God will bless your efforts!

    ReplyDelete